21st Century Vamp on Instagram

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Cameleon Art

Can we save the planet with beauty? Well, probably not, but it certainly makes it more fun. I do get a kick out of using discarded, forgotten elements in my work, turning one persons 'rubbish' into another's treasure or future heirloom. Taking things apart and putting them back together in a totally unexpected way. I got the recycling, upcycling, repurposing bug when I was at University and I love art created with found objects.

One of my little efforts was a light from recycled wool jumpers, play pit & ping pong balls, and LEDs which we still use.

Shibori recycled light


So I had a little look around ArtFire to see what recyclers were about. I was pleasantly surprised and made this little collection: Cameleon Art to celebrate their efforts. Here's a preview below, but try the link and explore their studios further to see just how inventive and creative these people are.



Cameleon Art

No comments:

Post a Comment